By Harold G Koenig
- emotional progress and religious development
- achievement of health and wellbeing and fulfillment
- achieving Christian maturity
- preventing depression
- counseling and caregiving
- using one’s presents and talents
- overcoming limitations to loving and serving others
- avoiding burnout and exhaustion whilst loving and serving others These are more and more tricky instances, requiring that God’s humans interact by using their skills for the good thing about others. The authors clarify that the decision to carrier doesn't finish with retirement. we will use this inspirational publication to spot our presents and the way to top use them in carrier to God and others. A Gospel for the Mature Years may also help us produce a society of individuals with vision--a imaginative and prescient of desire that existence may have that means and goal despite condition, and of religion that each individual has been given a present that would permit them to make a distinction during this international and make it a greater position for his or her kids and grandchildren.
Read or Download A Gospel for the Mature Years: Finding Fulfillment by Knowing and Using Your Gifts (Haworth Religion and Mental Health) PDF
Best gerontology books
Assisted dwelling is the fastest-growing substitute to expert nursing deal with frail older individuals within the usa. the expectancies, settings, and missions of those flats are various, making it tough for potential citizens and their households to count on what it'd be wish to dwell in them.
The Politics of Age and incapacity in modern Spanish movie examines the onscreen development of adolescent, aged, and disabled topics in Spanish cinema from 1992 to the current. utilising a twin lens of movie research and conception drawn from the allied fields of sweet sixteen, age, and incapacity experiences, this research is determined either inside of and opposed to a talk on cultural diversity—with admire to gender, sexual, and ethnic identity—which has pushed not just a lot of the previous decade’s such a lot seen and fruitful scholarship on illustration in Spanish movie, but additionally the wider parameters of discourse on post-Transition Spain within the humanities.
Developing Aging-Friendly groups (CAFC) examines the necessity to redecorate America's groups to answer the realities of our speedily getting older society. The textual content specializes in the interface among contributors and their environments, and the ways that groups can improve person and group health.
Written through 4 authors, Philip Silverman (PhD, Cornell University), Laura Hecht (PhD, Indiana University), J. Daniel McMillin (PhD, Southern Illinois University), and Shienpei Chang (MA, California nation collage Bakersfield), this specified booklet examines how social networks give a contribution to a feeling of health and wellbeing and a good self-identity between older americans and Taiwanese.
- Issues in Aging
- Older Adults With Developmental Disabilities and Leisure: Issues, Policy, and Practice
- Faces of Aging: The Lived Experiences of the Elderly in Japan
- Elder Abuse and Mistreatment: Policy, Practice and Research
- Whistling Women: A Study of the Lives of Older Lesbians (Gerontology and Women)
- Cultural Issues in End-of-Life Decision Making
Additional info for A Gospel for the Mature Years: Finding Fulfillment by Knowing and Using Your Gifts (Haworth Religion and Mental Health)
A Gospel for the Mature Years: Finding Fulfillment by Knowing and Using Your Gifts (Haworth Religion and Mental Health) by Harold G Koenig